WELCOME TO UTAH'S PERFECT POINTERS!
Utah's Perfect Pointers is dedicated to rehoming German Shorthair Pointers, German Wirehair Pointers, Wirehair Pointing Griffons, Weimaraners and their close friends from other hunting breeds, including mixes. All the dogs are temperament tested and fully vetted including spay/neuter, routine vaccines and are microchipped. You can find a complete list of our dogs at http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/UT156.html
All adoptions are at our sole discretion.
GSP Rescue Southwest DBA Utah's Perfect Pointers is a 501c3 federal charity. Your donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Both entities are registered in Utah. All donations to UPP or GSP Rescue SW are gratefully acknowledged by a letter from Marylin with many, many thanks. We’re always happy to accept donations mailed to Utah’s Perfect Pointers - PO Box 17071, Salt Lake City, UT 84117. Or you can use the "Donate" link below. We promise we'll put them to good use.
HERE'S TO 2018!
GSP Rescue Southwest DBA Utah's Perfect Pointers needs your
help! We've had an amazing 2017 and have had 77 dogs and one cat (don't
ask!) in our rescue groups so far this year. With 23 days left in
December we know there will be a few more arriving to help celebrate the
new year. UPP alum "Shadow" on the left and his foster brother
Sherlock on the right went to see Santa to ask for funding to help get
all the Things That Point who aren't as lucky as they are to have a home
for the holidays. They know there are two full weeks when their rescue
lady needs to find alternate boarding for them and it's always a
struggle to find and pay for it.
You can help! Amazing
foster mom, Lynne Williams, is donating $1000 in matching funds to get
this effort started. She's the one who took Shadow and Sherlock to
visit Santa so they could whisper in his ear. For every dollar you
donate - up to $1000 - she'll match it! How great is that?!
To donate online and help us get Lynne's matching funds please click on the link below to donate online or contribute by mail to Utah's Perfect Pointers - PO BOX 17071, Salt Lake City, UT 84117
In Loving Memory - Betsy (Mary Elizabeth) Harrigan
Betsy Harrigan was one of the original founders of GSP Rescue Southwest
in 2011. She was on the Board of Directors for GSP Rescue
Southwest-Utah's Perfect Pointers until her death from breast cancer on February 2. We'll
miss you, Betsy. Thank you for your time, devotion, knowledge and love
of our breeds. Our world is a little less bright without you.
If you'd like to see what we've been up to please click on the link(s) below.
June 20, 2016 Millie and Baron - A Senior Love Story
Foster Homes Needed!!!
We Always Need Fosters!
survived the long weekends in July and August but foster homes are always needed!
We have dogs that will fit in with almost any lifestyle from couch
potato to lots and lots of activity. There are a few more in the latter
category (after all, they're pointers!). If you're able to foster
long- or short-term, please email [email protected] and we'll send you a foster application.
Our Featured Dog
COME STRUT YOUR MUTT WITH US!!!
Utah's Perfect Pointers is participating in the 2016 Strut Your Mutt event at Liberty Park on October 22! Yes, we're aware
that it probably will be snowing, but pointers and their friends love snow!!!
We’re raising money to help us with the care and feeding of our
homeless hunters. We're a tiny "group" of pointer and weim lovers
who've been working hard for the last 8 years to rehome these lovely
dogs. And we've done it with help from the entire community. Thank you
to so many for your support over the years.
I'm always amazed at the temperaments of our dogs who are so quick
and eager to be loved after the pretty wretched lives so many of them
have had. This is a remarkable breed group - - goofy, too smart for their
own good, steadfastly loyal (until they see a bird), and totally
charming in so many ways. They're energetic beyond belief and
frequently end up in shelters or KSL because their homes just aren't
equipped to deal with their high energy and exercise needs.
Our focus for this years' event is our "special needs" dogs. We seem to have collected a number of special needs dogs in 2015 and 2016. In 2014 one-third of our 93 dogs were special needs. In 2015 we've taken in 10 so far. They're generally in our program for awhile - some over a year. I love it that you're there for the doggies! We hope to see all of you there.
Strutting instructions are given for both Cell Phone and Laptop/Desktop/Tablet users.
Cell 'Phone Instructions
1. Type www.strutyourmutt.org/goto/upp into your browser. That will take you to Screen One. Do NOT click on the “Register Today” button. That will not register you as strutting for Utah’s Perfect Pointers. It will go into the General Registration and Utah’s Perfect Pointers won’t benefit from your entrance fee or donations.
2. Choose your participant type (Walker or Runner). Walker is a leisurely strut ($30 registration fee) and Runner is the timed 5K run ($45 registration fee). Enter discount code (if applicable), your fundraising goal (remember the purpose ot Strut Your Mutt is a pledge drive to help homeless pets!!) and an additional gift if desired (this is a donation above your entry fee). Hit "Next Step".
3. Even if you have participated in Strut Your Mutt previous years, you must choose "Join as New Participat:/
4. Fill out all registration information.
5. On the next page, check the box at the bottom to agree with the terms and conditions and click "next step".
6. The next page, "Registration Summary" allows you to register another participant or complete the registration. "Register another participant" allows you to register multiple people on the same credit card transaction. Once you have completed registering all your participants, click "complete registration" to be taken to the Secure Credit Card processing page.
7. Enter and submit billing information.