WELCOME TO UTAH'S PERFECT POINTERS!
Utah's Perfect Pointers is dedicated to rehoming German Shorthair Pointers, German Wirehair Pointers, Wirehair Pointing Griffons, Weimaraners and their close friends from other hunting breeds, including mixes. All the dogs are temperament tested and fully vetted including spay/neuter, routine vaccines and are microchipped. You can find a complete list of our dogs at http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/UT156.html
All adoptions are at our sole discretion.
GSP Rescue Southwest DBA Utah's Perfect Pointers is a 501c3 federal charity. Your donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Both entities are registered in Utah. All donations to UPP or GSP Rescue SW are gratefully acknowledged by letter with many, many thanks. We’re always happy to accept donations mailed to Utah’s Perfect Pointers - PO Box 17071, Salt Lake City, UT 84117. Or you can use the "Donate" link below. We promise we'll put them to good use.
If you'd like to see what we've been up to please click on the link(s) below.
June 20, 2016 Millie and Baron - A Senior Love Story
We Always Need Fosters!
The long weekends in July and August are coming and foster homes are always needed!
We have dogs that will fit in with almost any lifestyle from couch
potato to lots and lots of activity. There are a few more in the latter
category (after all, they're pointers!). If you're able to foster
long- or short-term, please email email@example.com and we'll send you a foster application.
Upcoming - May 23, 2019
Come party with us, have a great time, go home with some goodies and support the pointers!
Upcoming - May 26, 2019
SAVERS Fundraiser for The Dogs!
Our Featured Dog
I'm DAVIS! I'm a gorgeous GSP boy with the most interesting coloring my
rescue lady's ever seen. I'm tall (~ 25.5") and handsome and very
nicely behaved - except for going over fences. But I'm a GSP! I have
things to do, places to see, and I'm very interested in everything. My
approximate DOB is 3/6/2013. I'm doing well with all my dog buddies in
daycare. Now I'm looking for my perfect home.
COME STRUT YOUR MUTT WITH US!!!
Utah's Perfect Pointers is participating in the 2019 Strut Your Mutt event at Liberty Park on October 12!
We’re raising money to help us with the care and feeding of our
homeless hunters. We're a tiny "group" of pointer lovers
who've been working hard for the last 8 years to rehome these lovely
dogs. And we've done it with help from the entire community. Thank you
to so many for your support over the years.
I'm always amazed at the temperaments of our dogs who are so quick
and eager to be loved after the pretty wretched lives so many of them
have had. This is a remarkable breed group - - goofy, too smart for their
own good, steadfastly loyal (until they see a bird), and totally
charming in so many ways. They're energetic beyond belief and
frequently end up in shelters or KSL because their homes just aren't
equipped to deal with their high energy and exercise needs.
Our focus for this years' event is our "special needs" dogs. We seem to have collected a number of special needs dogs In 2019 we've had 23 of 62 special needs dogs so far (May 2019). That's over half of our total numbers. They're generally in our program for awhile - some over a year. We love it that you're there for the doggies! We hope to see all of you there.
Strutting instructions are given for both Cell Phone and Laptop/Desktop/Tablet users.
Cell 'Phone Instructions
1. Type www.strutyourmutt.org/goto/upp into your browser. That will take you to Screen One. Do NOT click on the “Register Today” button. That will not register you as strutting for Utah’s Perfect Pointers. It will go into the General Registration and Utah’s Perfect Pointers won’t benefit from your entrance fee or donations.
2. Choose your participant type (Walker or Runner). Walker is a leisurely strut ($30 registration fee) and Runner is the timed 5K run ($45 registration fee). Enter discount code (if applicable), your fundraising goal (remember the purpose ot Strut Your Mutt is a pledge drive to help homeless pets!!) and an additional gift if desired (this is a donation above your entry fee). Hit "Next Step".
3. Even if you have participated in Strut Your Mutt previous years, you must choose "Join as New Participat:/
4. Fill out all registration information.
5. On the next page, check the box at the bottom to agree with the terms and conditions and click "next step".
6. The next page, "Registration Summary" allows you to register another participant or complete the registration. "Register another participant" allows you to register multiple people on the same credit card transaction. Once you have completed registering all your participants, click "complete registration" to be taken to the Secure Credit Card processing page.
7. Enter and submit billing information.